Who are our guests?
The Lunar Inn is specifically designed with the needs of clients travelling for medical appointments in mind
Our guests are referred by our Indigenous and governmental partners. The Lunar Inn is specifically designed with the needs of clients travelling for medical appointments in mind, and is available exclusively to guests who require this type of short term accommodation.
Where are you located?
The Lunar Inn is located at 36 Quidi Vidi Road in St. John’s, NL. This location also serves as the home of our Medical Transportation service, making it easy to access our drivers and dispatch office. The new headquarters location of First Light is located at 40 Quidi Vidi road, just down the hill from the Lunar Inn. Guests are encouraged to take part in the programs and services offered at this location during their stay. Situated off the main road, the Lunar Inn provides a quiet and secluded space, while being steps away from the vibrant downtown core. The outdoor space includes a common deck area, perfect for guests to unwind after appointments, as well as access to a community green space and playground for families to enjoy.
What amenities do you offer?
The Lunar Inn provides medical patients with a unique experience for lodging in the city of St. John’s. When guests stay with us, they also receive the following benefits:
- Located at the home base of medical transportation services
- Close connection to the Indigenous Patient Navigator service
- Opportunity to attend arts & culture programs offered at First Light
- Access to a shared kitchen for use among guests
- Dining and common area for guests and visitors
- Access to outdoor deck
- Direct access to Cavell Park Playground
- Wi-Fi access
- Smart TV with cable in each room
- Close to the downtown core
- Steps away from homestyle meals at Belbin’s Grocery
- Minutes away from the L.A. Miller Centre
Future Plans & Accessibility
At this time, the Lunar Inn is not accessible for guests who have mobility challenges. Accessibility upgrades will be completed in the future to accommodate guests who have mobility challenges. The entrances at the rear of the property are at ground level and will be optimal for wider doors and ramps, providing access to common areas. Two accessible rooms will be added on the main level in the future.